What adds additional taste to Momos is the sizzling red chilli dip? Momos chutney is the best dipping sauce made with spicy red chillies. The flavourful and incredibly tasty spicy dip is easy to prepare at home.
The actual flavours of the chutney come from blanching tomatoes and roasted garlic, then blending it for a smooth flavourful dipping sauce. The sweetness of tomatoes, the imperious aroma of garlic and spicy red chillies adds a perfect mix of sweet, sour and spicy flavours to the chutney.
You can taste a variety of dipping sauce with different flavours and textures. You will find variations in sauce whenever you taste it. From high-end restaurants to street hawkers, you get the best Momos chutney with street-hawkers. These Indian Chinese joints serve a reddish hue type chutney that is neither too thick nor thin.
Read more: Chinese food lovers at Mumbai
Red chillies lend the sauce a spicy flavour and a deep red colour. To dilute the spicy flavour of the sauce you can add sugar or honey and make it more delectable.Those who wish to have spicy can avoid using sugar or honey.
Nothing beats a warm and refreshing freshly steamed momos in your plate with yummy chutney or sauce.
Ingredients to prepare momos chutney:
- 1 Tomato
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 3-4 Red chillies, tear, soak the de-seed in 1/2 cup lukewarm water for 15-20 mins
- 1/4 teaspoon Soy sauce (alternative)
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon Oil
- Salt to taste
Procedure for making Momos Chutney recipe:
- Take a vessel pour 1 1/2 cups of water and boil it. Once boiled, put the tomato into the hot water and cook it for around 6 mins on high temperature.
- Drain the red chillies which you had put in the lukewarm water and add the chillies to the boiling water.
- Cook it for around 3 minutes on high temperature. Turn off the gas. Quickly drain the water and let the tomatoes and chillies cool down.
- In a heated pan put ½ tbsp oil, add garlic cloves and cook for a min. turn off the gas and keep it aside.
- On room temperature let the tomatoes and chillies cool down, once they get cooled peel off the tomatoes and dispose of the skin.
- Mix the peeled tomatoes with red chillies, roasted garlic, a little sugar (if you need), vinegar, soya sauce, and salt to make a smooth paste.
- For a smooth flowing consistency add ⅓ cup of water.
- In a pan heat 1 tablespoon oil, add the ground paste and cook on a medium heat for about 4 minutes. Keep on stirring it so that it doesn’t burn.
- Turn off the gas and remove it in a bowl.
- You can serve your Momos with homemade Momos chutney.
Latest posts by Nida (see all)
- Best Vacation Spots for Couples in India - February 2, 2017
- Tantalise Your Taste buds with Momos Chutney Recipe - January 29, 2017
- Best hangout places in Pune - January 20, 2017