One of the inherent part of Gujarati meals. Methi Thepla is a very well-known Gujarati dish. Prepared with whole wheat flour, chickpea flour, spices and fresh fenugreek leaves. Thepla’s remain perfect for a couple of days and the perfect choice to take on while you are travelling. You can even give this to your child for lunch box as it is easy to roll and eat it without creating any hassle. You can have Methi Thepla Recipes with any pickle or curd. Thepla an Indian flatbread, considered to be a very nutritious and good food for our digestion.
The secret of enjoying this mouth-watering Methi Theplas lies when you prepare a perfect dough, with the right amount of spices and fenugreek leaves and, to add a nice spicy aromatic flavour is the ginger-garlic paste, and turmeric that gives a tempting colour.
Read More : Health benefits of Eating Apples
Ingredients to prepare Methi Thepla:
- 1 cup + ½ cup Wheat Flour
- ½ cup chopped Methi leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon curd (Dahi)
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoons Oil + for shallow frying
Steps to Make Methi Thepla
- In a bowl mix 1 cup of wheat flour, methi leaves, coriander leaves, curd (Dahi), red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon oil and salt.
- Add water in small quantities and then mould the dough (like how you mould to make roti it should be soft and smooth). With 1-teaspoon oil grease the surface of the dough.
- Next, cover the dough with a clean cloth and keep it aside for at least 15-20 minutes. After 15-20 minutes partition the dough and make it into 6 equal parts and make it round shape like a ball.
- In a plate take ½ cup wheat flour dry for spreading over the prepared dough.
- From the prepared dough take one dough ball, press the dough ball in between your palms or on the rolling board to flatten it.
- Coat the pressed dough with wheat flour and keep it on the rolling board. Roll it like roti or paratha (It should be in circle)
- Once rolled, heat the tava over a medium flame and let the tava become little hot, once the tava is hot place the rolled Methi Thepla on the tava.
- After few minutes tiny bubbles starts appearing on the top surface, then flip the thepla to the other side, spread ½ teaspoon oil over it and let it cook for nearly 30 seconds.
- Do the same for the other side as mentioned above. Until light golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Put it on a plate. Do the similar thing for the remaining dough balls. Your yummy Methi Thepla Recipes are ready. Apply butter or ghee on one side and enjoy!
Latest posts by Rebecca (see all)
- Try out this Romantic Punjabi Dish with your partner - February 24, 2017
- Aloo Gobi Recipe – Prepare step-by-step - February 12, 2017
- Look out for some Romantic Resorts in India - February 10, 2017