For all the meat lovers’ Chicken chilli dry, is the most popular Indian-Chinese chicken dish. The dry chicken chilli is spicy it has that crunch from the flour coating which gets applied on the chicken and capsicum which makes the dish even more delicious.
All across the globe, Chicken chilli being served as either as an appetizer or starter and due to which it is one of the most popular Indo-Chinese style chicken. There is an alternative for vegetarian it is either Paneer, mushroom, potato or tofu.
For a healthier option, if you don’t want to deep-fry you can shallow fry or grill the chicken. It is not necessary to use ajinomoto or food colour. The dish can still taste the best if you don’t use ajinomoto or food colour. If you want a smoky flavour you can use Kashmiri chilli powder or paprika and sauté it well on high flame. If you are not using enough chilli powder it won’t create the perfect colour for the final dish.
Read More : Best places in Mumbai for Chinese food
Ingredients for Dry Chilli Chicken
250 grams of boneless chicken pieces chopped
- ½ bowlmaida
- ¼ bowlcorn flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ¼ teaspoon Kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of soya sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bowlchopped onions
- ½ bowlchopped capsicum
- 2-3 green chillies, slice
- 1 teaspoonsmash garlic
- 1 teaspoon shredded ginger
- 1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tablespoonchopped spring onions
- Clean the chicken and cut into small pieces (Not very small). Till then, keep the rest of the ingredients ready.
- Put together all the ingredients there for the batter and add ample of water to make a thick batter.
- Add the chicken pieces to the batter. Mix it well.
- In a pan heat oil for deep-frying.
- When the oil becomes too hot, add the chicken pieces that is completely covered in the batter.
- Fry the chicken pieces on medium heat until it is golden brown.
- Remove once the chicken gets fried completely and set it aside
- Do the same thing with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Take another pan heat oil and put onions, ginger, garlic, and green chillies.
- Sauté till the onions in the pan turn transparent and soft.
- Next, add soya sauce, vinegar or lemon juice, and little tomato ketchup and keep on stirring for 2 minutes.
- Later add the fried chicken pieces and capsicum in the pan.
- Before you cover the pan sprinkle some water on it.
- Cook chicken chilli on very low heat for about 4-5 mins or else until the ingredients get cooked completely.
- Remove the lid from the pan, mix everything well, check for salt if less add more if needed, and turn off the heat.
- Garnish the chicken chilli with spring onions or coriander leaves.
- Serve hot and have it with fried rice or noodles.
Latest posts by Rebecca (see all)
- Try out this Romantic Punjabi Dish with your partner - February 24, 2017
- Aloo Gobi Recipe – Prepare step-by-step - February 12, 2017
- Look out for some Romantic Resorts in India - February 10, 2017