Summer time is almost around the corner. The fondest memories of my childhood involve, hiding in a closet and gobbling up a zesty lemon cheese cake. The soft & fluffy cheesecake excited my taste buds and left a refreshing after taste. This one summer delight in my all time favorite. No get together is ever complete without one.
You can pair it with some vanilla ice-cream and it turns into a sinful indulgence. Serve it at a high tea party and your guests will be surely impressed. It’s fairly simple to make and requires no special baking equipment.
Try serving your kids this home made cheesecake that they will not only cherish but will ask for more servings. My nephew specially loves this one more than a regular cake with icing. It is gluten free and contains no eggs. You can substitute cream cheese with low fat cheese for a healthier option. Cheese is rich in Calcium, Vitamin A and D which are essential for stronger bones and good eye sight. The Vitamin C present in lemons will strengthen your kid’s immunity against common cold. Vitamin C becomes unstable if you heat it, therefore we will chill this cheesecake instead of baking it.
You can also try making a strawberry or a chocolate cheesecake. But let’s first get started on this heavenly dessert.
I’m sharing my favorite Lemon Cheesecake Recipe for a Florida-Style Lemon Cheesecake. The good thing is that you don’t need an oven for this one. It’s a no bake cheesecake.
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
- 200 gm Oatmeal Digestive Biscuits (Gluten free)
- 100 gm Melted unsalted butter
- 400 gm condensed milk
- 300 gm cream cheese (unflavored)
- 6 tbsp lemon curd
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Mint leaves & lemon zest to decorate
- Take a cake tin with a loose bottom and coat the base with crushed digestive biscuits. Now pour melted butter over the biscuits and chill the cake tin for 2-3 minutes in the freezer.
- In a separate bowl add condensed milk and cream cheese. Whisk them together till it’s soft and fluffy. Now add lemon zest to the mix and whip some more.
- Pour this mix in the cake tin over the chilled biscuit base and place it in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Spread the cheesecake with lemon curd. Decorate with 2-3 mint leaves and curls of lemon zest. Serve it cold. This is all about the Lemon Cheesecake Recipe.
Latest posts by Kavita (see all)
- Toddler’s Meal Plan – A Complete Guide for Mothers - April 6, 2017
- Most Romantic Restaurants in Delhi to go on First Date - March 30, 2017
- 5 Kid Friendly Places in Delhi to visit this Summer - March 29, 2017