Butter naan is known as an Indian flat bread which is flavoured with butter and goes well with any type of curry. Especially with chicken curry. Butter naan is very tempting you will want to have it more and more.
Many might be unfamiliar with naan bread, it is an Indian flat bread which is traditionally made in a tandoor. But you can even make on a stove top. It is said that the naan resembles the pita bread a lot. The reason is because like the pita bread, naan is also fermented with yeast. But today many people replace yeast with baking powder to make instant naans. While preparing the naan dough, milk and yoghurt are used that gives a distinct flavour to the bread and makes it soft. Usually, naan is served hot quenched in butter or ghee. Sounds delicious. Right?
Read More : Bukhara Style Daal Makhni Recipe
Here are the Butter Naan Recipe for making restaurant style at home.
Ingredients for Butter Naan Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus 1/2 cup) (Maida)
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Black sesame seeds
- Take a bowl mix all the dry ingredients, which is Maida and salt.
- In a pan mix water and milk, heat it until it is slightly warm.
- Add yeast and sugar in another bowl. Then, pour the warm milk into the bowl and mix well until it gets dissolved.
- Add egg in the bowl and mix well, later pour oil in it.
- Pour this entire liquid mix into the dry ingredients bowl.
- Blend well with a spoon.
- If the dough is sticky add in 1/4 cup of Maida, mould it with hand.
- If you find the dough is still sticky you can add in the remaining 1/4 cup of flour. Mould again.
- The dough has to be soft, not sticky, only then you will get soft naans.
- Cover the dough and keep it in a warm place for about 2 hrs.
- After 2 hours, remove the dough and knock down the dough and break it into 8-10 balls.
- Cover it for another 15 minutes.
- Place the dough ball in your hand and easily roll into an oval shape.
- Sprinkle Maida on the rolling board and spread black sesame over it.
- Roll it slowly until the seeds get stuck onto the dough.
- On high flame heat the tawa. Once the tawa is hot add the rolled naan with sesame seed side facing up.
- Flip on direct flame once the bottom gets browned slightly. Let the naan get burn with black spots all over it. Move it until it gets evenly burn everywhere.
- Take off from fire and spread butter all over the hot naan. Serve hot withany curry. This is all about the butter naan recipes.
Latest posts by Rebecca (see all)
- Try out this Romantic Punjabi Dish with your partner - February 24, 2017
- Aloo Gobi Recipe – Prepare step-by-step - February 12, 2017
- Look out for some Romantic Resorts in India - February 10, 2017