One of the most common served dish in the North Indian house with either an Indian flat bread or plain rice. This dish is famous and a common meal which is had in every person’s home. There are many varieties of making an Aloo Gobi recipe.
You can also see Aloo Gobi combo even in the restaurant menus or parties. This potato cauliflower is very delicious and spicy when made with an onion tomato gravy. You can make Aloo Gobi in 2 ways, one is the dry variety one and, the other is the gravy type.
For lunchbox, it is preferable if you prepare a dry Aloo Gobi, which tastes delicious with roti. A delicious and healthy food is what we always want. Isn’t it? For all the taste buds the aromatic spicy Aloo Gobi is what you should simply indulge into.
Read More : Butter Naan Recipe
Let’s quickly see how to make step-by-step Aloo Gobi Recipe:
- ¾ cubed potato/ Aloo in a cup
- 1 ½ cauliflower/Gobi in a cup
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup of cubed onion
- 1 green chilli
- ¾ tomatoes cubed in a cup
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 6 to 8 cashew nuts
- ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- ¾ teaspoon coriander powder
- ¾ teaspoon red chilli powder (Specially Kashmiri chilli)
- Salt as required
- ½ teaspoon fenugreek leaves/kasthuri methi crushed
- Handful of coriander leaves chopped
- Cut the onions into cubes and remove the tomatoes seed and cut into a cube. Put the onions, tomatoes and cashew nuts in a blender. Make a fine paste.
- In a vessel steam, the potatoes and cauliflower or you can even shallow fry them in oil until it is almost cooked.
- In a pan heat oil and put some cumin seeds. For a spicy and good aroma, you can use 2 green chilli, cardamoms and 1 small bay leaf.
- Add ginger garlic paste and sauté until it smells good.
- Next, add the onion, tomato and cashew nut paste and sauté it for a while.
- Sauté the paste until the raw smell of tomatoes and onion is gone completely.
- Add green chilli, garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt in it.
- Sauté it till the masala in the pan leaves.
- Pour ¾ cup of water and let the gravy begin to bubble and thicken a bit.
- Once the gravy thickens a bit add aloo gobi in it.
- Stir the aloo gobi until it gets cooked completely.
- Crush the fenugreek leaves/ kasthuri methi and put in the aloo gobi
- Add the chopped coriander leaves in the aloo gobi.
- If you want the gravy, turn off the heat or if you don’t want let it get thicken more. Make sure it doesn’t get burn.
- Serve it hot with rice or chapati.
Steam the aloo because most of the times the aloo doesn’t get cooked well or takes very long time to get cooked.
Latest posts by Rebecca (see all)
- Try out this Romantic Punjabi Dish with your partner - February 24, 2017
- Aloo Gobi Recipe – Prepare step-by-step - February 12, 2017
- Look out for some Romantic Resorts in India - February 10, 2017